How I can help you
RESUME – Ekhard Preikschat
Educational – Ph.D. (physics, Univ. of Wash. 1964,5; Univ of Birmingham (UK) 1968); thesis published on web-site: www.lightspeedtest.com
Professional – Professional and Registered Engineer (P.E. license in WA state, Electrical Engineering)
- 1965 – 1967 Research Associate at Univ. of Birmingham (UK)
- 1967 – 1969 Research Fellow at Univ. of Birmingham (UK)
- 1969 – 1972 Research Post Doctoral Associate at Nuclear Physics Lab. of the University of Washington, Seattle.
- Numerous “New Product Awards”, including the prestigious 1988 R&D 100 Award for the most innovative industrial product of the year.
- $250,000 research grant awarded by the U.S. Dept. of Energy to develop new type of optical consistency transmitter.
- 20+ papers published in various professional and industrial journals.
- Owner or co-owner of 20+ patents in the USA, Canada, Japan and Europe. Several of these patents are now licensed with an annual 6-digit $ income.
Founder of 3 high-tech businesses –
- 1972 – 1979 Founder of FP Research Lab, Bellevue, manufacturer of instrumentation for the pulp & paper industry. Company was sold to BTG (Bonnier Technology Group, a Swedish Co. owned by Albert Bonnier, 2nd richest Swede)
- 1985 – 1995 CEO and Founder of LASENTEC, a manufacturer of the proprietary “scanning laser microscope”; product is sold on world-wide basis to the pharmaceutical industry. I sold my majority share-holding in 1995 to local investor; company then sold to Kettler-Toledo, a Swiss Instrumentation Co. and is still resident in Redmond, WA.
- 1995 – 2002 CEO and Founder of APPA Systems, Inc. a manufacturer of rotating consistency transmitters, sold to the pulp and paper industry on world-wide basis; product covered by 8 patents; company sold to KPM Oy, a Finnish instrumentation manufacturer located in Kajaani, Finland.
Present activities – officially retired in 2002, volunteer SCORE Counselor since 2005.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Intellectual Property
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Technology & IT Services
- Construction, Industrials and Utilities
- Manufacturing & Mining
- Technology and Web-Based Services
- Consulting, Research and Business Services
- International Trade, Imports / Exports
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations